Fujifilm comes back with a new firmware update ‘version 1.04’ for its FinePix HS10 / HS11 superzoom camera. The update provides the following fixes:
- Custom white balance can be set correctly when an external flash is mounted.
- On slide show mode, sound of movie recording data can be performed on the HDTV which is connected with the camera via HDMI interface.
The update is now available for immediate download via Fujifilm’s official website. [Fujifilm]
PhotographyBLOG has reviewed the Nikon D3100 entry-level DSLR. In case you didn’t know, the D3100 features a newly designed 14-megapixel DX format sensor, a quick-access Live View mode, one-touch Full HD video recording with AutoFocus, an interactive Guide mode, a sensor dust buster and an 11-point AutoFocus module. The D3100 supports a sensitivity range of ISO 100 – 3,200 (expandable to ISO 12,800). Here is the conclusion:
As regards the Nikon D3100’s ergonomics as a traditional DSLR camera, it’s not bad at all, but we would have liked to see separate buttons for ISO and WB, both of which can be mapped onto the handy Fn button, but alas not at the same time. Focusing speed and accuracy – especially in low light – could also be improved, as neither was optimal with the kit lens.
Designed for beginners, the Nikon D3100 is currently available for $579.95 in the USA. [PhotographyBLOG]
A new firmware update ‘version 1.2’ for Panasonic DMC-FZ100 superzoom camera has just been released. The update resolves the following issues:
- Image quality improvement of Motion Deblur in iA Mode.
- Performance improvement of autofocus in taking pictures while recording Motion Pictures.
Get your update here! [Panasonic]
Hasselblad has confirmed the availability of the Hasselblad H4D Ferrari Edition. This limited edition digital camera is dedicated to the new generation of photographers looking for the ultimate image quality. The camera is finished in Ferrari’s unique color “rosso fuoco”, and bears the legendary Racing Shield. The Hasselblad H4D Ferrari Limited Edition with an 80mm lens kit is priced at 21,499 Euros or equal to $28,477. [PhotographyBay]
Here’s another hot deal from Amazon, they’re offering you this Nikon Coolpix S1000pj projector camera for just $149 (normal price $349.95), which means you could save up to $200.95 (57%). In case you didn’t remember, this compact camera sports a 12.1-megapixel image sensor, a 5x optical zoom lens, a bright 2.7-inch high-resolution LCD, a 36MB of internal memory, an SD/SDHC card slot and has a built-in 10 lumen pico-projector capable of displaying photos or movie clips on any flat surface at up to 40-inches in size. [Product Page]
Here’s the latest firmware update ‘version 1.2.3’ for Canon EOS 7D DSLR camera. The update provides the following fixes:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the settings of the Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2 revert to the default settings when both the camera and the ST-E2 are set to auto power off.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the Macro Ring Lite (MR-14EX, MT24-EX) and slave flashes do not sync while shooting wirelessly.
You’ll be able to download the update starting today via Canon’s official website. [Canon]